Sunday 7 April 2013

Lush mmm

I have only set foot in Lush a few times, I know shock horror!! This is basically because for some reason the way the shop is laid out panics me, I always find the employees a bit too enthusiastic and passionate about the products and they usually scare me off before I've even looked at a product. Or I get hard sold to the point where I'll leave having spent three times the amount of money I'd planned to, coming out with things that I'll never use but was too scared to say no to and will be far to embarassed to return. (I am a sucker for hard sellers, I swear they see me coming and sense my weakness haha!)

BUT I have discovered the gem of Lush: Their website: https://www.lush.co.uk
It's easy to use with super speedy delivery and comes packaged SO nicely!!

So I thought I would have an online spree and I love my new purchases!
(Unfortunately I was online shopping whilst watching Harry Potter so a lot of my purchases are a bit weird and HP-inspired.)

The First:
Pretty Dragon Egg with 'lava' inside!
The 'lava' inside the Dragon Egg
The Dragon Egg Bath Bomb
£3.20 each
(I told you - I couldn't resist after watching Norbert hatching in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone!!!)

 Lush says:
 'You will experience a firework display of colour, a fiery crackle of popping candy, a swirling landscape of creamy foam and a drift of paper dragon scales.'

A mon avis...

Pros
- REALLY cool watching the dragon egg explode and the gold lava coming out of it
- Gorgeous smell of jasmine, citruses and bergamot
- It uses lemon oil which I love.
- It's made with all natural ingredients and Safe synthetics
- It's preservative free
- Did I mention it is awesome watching the lava exploding?!?!

Cons
- The dragon lava does really look like you've done a wee in the bath so maybe don't use it for a romantic bath....
- It leaves glitter ALL OVER the bath and you so you have to sometimes shower afterwards and wash the bath.

To Summarise
BUY a Dragon Egg Bath Bomb, they're slightly messy and funny to look at but they are really cool and fun and it really does make you feel like you're Harry Potter which is something that I have always wanted to feel!!

And:
Beautiful purple and gold bath bombs
Decorated with cinnamon sticks

 Phoenix Rising Bath Bomb
£3.20 each
(Again I told you!!! I had Faulks the Phoenix in mind!!)

Lush says:
'Your phoenix will sink to the bottom then rise in triumph, her mythical sparkling purple and green plumage unfurling through your bath water.'


A mon avis...

Pros 
- A gorgeously warm cinnamon smell (not for everyone but for me -YES)
- BEAUTIFUL to watch - majestic colours
- Moisturising and soothing
- Contains cocoa butter, shea butter and jojoba oil sooth your skin and make it super super soft!
- It's made with all natural ingredients and Safe synthetics
- It's preservative free
- It smells of christmas!!! mmm cinnamon 
(Christmas is my favourite season and the smell of christmas makes me ridiculously happy!!)

Cons
- It will stain and dye your bath pink...eeeek
(But it does come off it its properly scrubbed!)
- It doesn't quite 'fizz' like a bath bomb should, instead you have to actually crumble it yourself..
- It is fairly greasy which worked fine for my skin type but might not for others'.

To Summarise
Phoenix Rising Bath Bombs are beautiful to look at and gorgeous to smell, ok so it does make your bath pink but I like pink....who doesn't and I think it's definitely worth it for the magical phoenix experience!!

NEXT THING ON MY LIST TO BUY:


The 'Mmmelting Marshmallow Moment' bath melt.
I can't wait to try it although I'm worried that I might try to eat it first!!!

ENJOY.

Have you got any Lush recommendations/ warnings?
Let us know!



3 comments:

  1. I want to get these now!!! just because i love LUSH!!! Please do more of these!! They're great!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh whoops I meant just because I love Harry Potter! Your blog was really funny!!

      Delete
  2. I bought the dragon egg bath bomb after this and I love it!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete